Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Glancing Back, Looking Forward

Well, this is it. Today was my last day of work. Yet another chapter in my life is over, and a new one is beginning. It's good change, but change none the less. Leaving work is bittersweet, though the sweet far outweighs the bitter. I was a little nostalgic on my way home today (as has been the pattern every time I've made a change), remembering all the wonderful times I've had at work, the dear friends I had made, and the opportunity God had given me to serve full-time at my church. But I'm looking forward to the awesome opportunity God has given me to be able to stay home and be full-time Mommy to Kendall. There were times over the past several years where I seriously doubted I would ever see this day. And as I look back at God's hand moving in my life, I am once again amazed at what a great God He is. I see how He has led me through some challenges, and has used the opportunities to grow me and mold me. And as I face this next opportunity He has placed before me, I pray for His wisdom, guidance and strength. I am humbled that He chose me to be Kendall's mom, and I take seriously the task ahead of me to raise her in His love and admonition. God provides us moments to look back and praise Him for what He has done, but I don't want to linger in the past and miss what He has for me now. So I press forward, continuing to run the race set out before me so that at the end of my life, I will have fulfilled the purposes God had for me. (Told you I was nostalgic this afternoon!)

Anyway, being the Baptists that we are, a potluck luncheon was thrown in my honor. We sat around and stuffed ourselves silly. Then I busted out the camera. Hee Hee. Here are a few pictures from today.

Ok, to preface this picture. Bro Claude had come by my office every day to give me a hug and wish me a good day. He's been harassing me these past few weeks about leaving and how he would miss having me around. Anyway, I was trying to take a sweet picture with two of my bestest friendes, Leslie and Jennifer, when he busted all up in the picture. And here's what followed...



After a "smart"comment from Jennifer, he attempted to get her out of the picture...


And he succeeded somewhat with help from the photographer and a close up...


And after all that, we finally got our picture, only to have those stinkin' lillies (or whatever they are) growing out of our heads!


Me and my preschool peeps (Margaret and Jane)...


And another friend, Bonnie...


And hanging out back in my cleared-out office with Kathy and Missy, who is taking over my job...


Today was a good day. Tomorrow I'll wake up and not go to work. Instead, Kendall and I will hang out together and clean the house to get ready for our big July 4 plans. Good days!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you get to experience all of the joys of being a full-time mom!! There's nothing like it and I know you and Kendall will both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA for you and Kendall!!!! I know you'll miss your job somewhat, but luckily you will still be surrounded by the same wonderful people as you still help out tremendously in our church! Thank you so much for all the years you have put it to make the preschool a great place for my children to learn and grow in the Lord!

    Now on another note...it's time to schedule a play date! :)
    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you!! I know they'll miss you at church, but your little miss prissy will love you for this!

    ReplyDelete