Over these past twelve months, I have prayed daily for you. There are several verses that I pray constantly over you, usually while I am rocking you, sometimes when I watch you play, and often as I go throughout the day.
As you grow to a little girl and young lady, may you:
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. (Matthew 22:37)
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. (Romans 10:9-13)
Grow in wisdom, stature and in favor with God and others. (Luke 2:52)
Seek God all the days of your life. (Psalm 119:2)
Know the plans God has for you. (Jeremiah 29:11)
Grow to be a virtuous woman. (Proverbs 31)
Gain wisdom. (James 1:5)
Have boldness in the midst of opposition. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
Be called according to God's purposes. And may all things work together for your good. (Romans 8:28)
As your mother I long to protect you from any hurts and disappointments, but it is through those experiences that we can truly know God's love, grace and faithfulness. I love you more than words can express. You are beautiful. You are treasured and adored. You are loved. You are prayed for. You are answered prayer. You are precious in God's eyes. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are my daughter, and I love you.
Happy first birthday, my sweetheart!
Here are some pictures of you as you have grown your first year:
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
I prayed all the above for MY daughter, and God answered abundantly and more. Carey, I am so proud of the woman you have become and the mother you are to Kendall. I am blessed to have you as a daughter, and Kendall, you are blessed to have her as your mom. I love you both. Kendall, have a wonderful birthday!
ReplyDelete