Kendall had her first day of "school" this week. Mommy and Kendall are now teaching/attending Mothers Morning Out at our chuch two mornings a week. She got the lovely school bag she's dragging in the pictures and a lunch box for Christmas. Since Kendall is the first and only (for now) child and grandchild on all counts (and almost only great-grandchild) Mommy figured (with Danielle's coaxing) that it's high time she realizes that though she will be loved, she will not be spoiled by the rest of the world like she is with her parents and grandparents.
I felt like Mama Bird pushing her Baby Bird out the nest this week. Kendall is always sweet and loving, but she takes a while to break through her shyness around others. And the separation anxiety thing just hightens the whole situation. My heart about broke Tuesday morning when I dropped her off and dashed out before she could get the first scream out. But she did pretty well. Ginger, you would be so proud to know that she whimpered on and off through the morning, but... she PLAYED! Yes, my child actually played in between her mild, random little outbursts. She has hardly ever done this at church. So despite the crying, day one ended up being a success when measured by Kendall standards.
Here you see the only pictures I managed to capture as we were ready to leave the first morning. She doesnt' cooperate well for the camera these days so I have to be satisfied with whatever I manage to get.
And, Kendall has her FIRST Saints dress. And hopefully she will be wearing it to the Super Bowl party that Mommy will soon be planning. This is a very important first, so I HAD to blog it. And Paul, I can give you the name and number of the lady in New Orleans who made it so Ella can have one of her own as well. Such a sweet little Who Dat.
Sorry the pictures are not the greatest, but like I said, I get what I get. Here's an action shot, but you can see the dress. Kinda. The ribbon came untied and I unsuccessfully tried to get her still to fix it for the photo shoot which didn't go all that well.
Before I know it and all too soon I'll be blogging lots of other "firsts". This is all I can handle for now.
That dress is TOO cute! I'm hosting a Super Bowl Recipe Exchange on my recipe blog (http://katiessouthernkitchen.blogspot.com/) so be sure to check it out and participate!
ReplyDeleteAWWW!!! I am SOOO glad she played!! I have prayed and prayed for her to have a wonderful first day of mmo for you & her! :) Glad to hear it worked out well. Can you believe our little ones are getting so big?! It does go by too fast doesn't it?!
ReplyDelete