Friday, April 9, 2010

Plain 'Ole Friday

Today has been a typical Friday in our lives. Kendall and I ran our usual Friday errands, which included a stop by church so I could get my lesson ready for my four-year-olds on Sunday. Kendall has gotten very familiar with the teacher's resource room (which to her means a room full of a bunch of toys she can pull out while Mommy is gathering them as well). And she can now help Mommy as well by pushing the cart down the hall to Mommy's room. While I work Kendall plays with the homeliving area and pulls out some of the toys from the cart. Then I usually end up getting her some crayons and paper when she tires from what's available. And today I put on some music to keep her entertained as well. It's so funny to me to watch her bob her head, smile, and clap with the music. After we were done and had put away ALL she had dragged out, we continued on to WalMart and the bank. After a swing through Wendy's we were back home (and wore out!). Like I said, typical Friday stuff.

So really, you are wondering, what actually happened today that's worthy of a post (and your time reading it)? Well, I know it's worth my words, though I can't put a claim on your time. I'm recording this day because I don't want to forget that today my little girl...

... loves to be with her mama more than anything else

... shows wonder and amazement at the smallest things (like finding a toy tiger and proudly showing it to me)

... feels such satisfaction in her new-found abilities (pushing a cart five times her size)

... lavishly showers me with hugs and "kisses"

... leans in for "kiss noses, kiss noses" as we call our secret little gesture that's exclusively between just us

... unashamedly dances to music

... squeals with delight

... clings to her mama when her MMO teacher tells her hello

... twirls in her tu-tu skirt

... points to her mama when adults walk by so they all know this is HER mama so don't dare try to peal her away (she does the same to her MMO teacher, Mrs. Carolyn, when any other teacher gets "too close")

... pulls on my finger to show me something

... tries to keep my sunglasses from slipping down her nose

... laughs at her mama's attempts to make her smile

... waves to all passerbys

... thinks all the day's problems can easily be solved with some chicken nuggets

... snuggles in my lap for a pre-nap book

So today is not just an ordinary day. It's a typical day filled with extra-ordinary things that I just love and cherish. Little things that are really so big. Things I want to always remember. Yes, today is a day that sometimes I wish would last forever.

1 comment: