Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sew On a Roll Now

I''m lovin' this sewing stuff.  Yes, I've only attempted straight lines so far, but soon I will tackle the world of cute little girl clothes.  Well, as soon as I finish the other 500 things on my to do list.  (Is it sad that I'm looking forward to school again so things can slow down??  Think I missed the joy of a lazy summer this year.)

I made new curtains and a shower curtain for my bathroom last weekend.  I had the house to MYSELF for twenty-four hours and I stayed up most of them sewing away.

Here's the result...


I wanted fabrics to coordinate with my gray stripes that I painted soon after we moved in and removed the dreadful wallpaper.  And I was so excited with what I found.  It's just what I had in mind.

Now, please don't click on the above picture.  It'll just magnify my flaws.  That solid gray material was a monster to keep straight.  Trust me, you get too close and it can be all jacked up in a few spots.  Button holes were another issue.  I had to self teach myself with the manual to figure it out.  They're a little frayed, but you have to get all up on it to notice.  And, really, who's gonna inspect them with a magnifying glass??
I even had enough fabric left over to recover the lamp.  Cha-ching!  That was a free DIY! Or, as we call it in Louisiana, a little lagniappe. (For all my fellow non-Louisianians, that's pronounced LAN-yap.)

So, what's next??  Probably curtains for Kendall's room.  More on those changes later.

3 comments:

  1. i knew you'd be great at it! SO pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you know keith loves a pretty shower curtain :) it's ME... signed in as my hubs. whoopsie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great, Carey! Sewing is so much fun, I just wish there was more time for it Moms need an extra day added every week just for crafty projects, I think :)

    ReplyDelete