Sunday, September 4, 2011

Oh, Happy Day! Chick-fil-a!

My awesome friend, Amanda, finally got to take Kendall to her promised Chick-fil-a reward for having an entire accident-free potty week.  (That's why she's awesome:  she SO helped in helping Kendall get over the final uumph of potty training by bribing rewarding her with a special incentive.)  I really thought I was going to be qualified to write the forward to a book a friend is working on, How To Potty Train Your Child In 365 Days Or More.  Folks, I was three months shy of certifications, and three minutes shy of losing my mind.  Seriously, without giving TMI on Kendall's personal affairs (When you're the mama of a potty training toddler AND you were teaching twelve two-year-olds simultaneously, words like poop, pee and potty became casual words of daily discussions.), she had #1 down fine for a while.  It was just the other....

But I digress.  Today was FINALLY the day after weeks of coaxing and phone calls and high fives and disappointments and encouragement from Amanda.  We headed off in the midst of the foreboding monsoon along with Amanda's girl, Kaylee.




And take it to the bank, friends, aint no body waited as long for this day as Mama!  No body. I feel like a new woman (I hope...).

2 comments:

  1. Ack!! Oh no! Now who's going to write my forward?!?? Haha! So happy for you and Kendall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Go Kendall!! SO PROUD, I know you are!

    ReplyDelete