Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday Morning with Daddy

Kendall and Daddy let Mommy sleep this morning. (And I assure you it was much needed) And when Mommy woke up, this is what she saw. (Now, keep in mind my obsessive compulsive tendencies.)

A baby with a dirty face from eye boogers and a formula mustache.


Crooked socks. (Kendall must not take after her mother. That would drive me nuts.)


And Daddy and Kendall spending time together in the rocking chair.
Kendall seemed to have alot to say this morning, and she just smiled and smiled at her Daddy. (Unfortunately I have never captured it on film. The rascal gets cranky as soon as I get the camera out.) She didn't seem to be bothered by the "non-important details" and neither did Gabe. Which once again reminded me that life is to be lived in the moment. Some things can wait. Some things are just not priority. What was priority this morning was a father and his daughter spending time together. Kendall is getting to know her Daddy. She knows that her Daddy loves her. And the important lesson this morning was not "make sure socks are straight" or "remember to wash your face as soon as you eat" or even "I must be dressed cute every day". The lesson was "My Daddy makes time for me. My Daddy enjoys being with me. My Daddy loves me just the way I am." And if nothing much else gets done today it was a day well spent.

BUT, since we were going to Vicksburg to see Kendall's great-grandparents, Mommy did eventually tend to the details. After all, there is nothing wrong with details!

No comments:

Post a Comment