Monday, November 3, 2008

Cute, But Not Scary (OK, Maybe So)

As promised, here are the pics of Jennifer and me (aka Lucy and Ethel). I hope no one lost too much sleep these past few days waiting for me to dig them out.

I learned that nobody makes an Ethel costume, so I had to improvise. It's amazing what a trip to Goodwill can accomplish. As for the wig, it was originally a Marilyn Monroe looking do from Target. After two bottles of Aqua Net and several packs of bobby pins you see the results. Not too bad. Hey, I did impress another Lucy fan bystander. She asked me "WHERE did you find an Ethel costome?! Can I borrow it??"

The next year, Jennifer and I schemed up the idea to dress as different episodes. Here's the Candy Factory costumes:



We have another year to think up another one.

1 comment: