Oooh, Saints fans! This is it!! THE day we've waited for!
I still can't believe that the Saints are in the Superbowl!! It hits me every time I see national Superbowl coverage (slanted and biased as it can be at times, yet I still watch) and I see the Saints players and the fleur de lis symbol.
I'd like to address a few people...
...to the Colts...I respect your team. I've always pulled for the Colts and our New Orleans home boy, Peyton. Not today, though. Sorry. BUT, there is no other team I would rather see the Saints play in the Superbowl. I'm just sorry you'll go home empty handed and ringless. But good luck to you next year. I really do wish you the best.
... to Archie Manning (the most conflicted man in America)...I understand blood runs thicker than water. You should be proud of your son, and we respect you for it. There is a silver lining in this all, though. Your Saints are champions!
... to Peyton Manning... no trash talking here. No Saints fan would touch you with a ten foot fleur de lis, not only because of your roots, but because you have earned respect both here and throughout the league. We love you though we will be cheering against you today.
... to Brett Favre...retire. We just threw a third annual retirement party in your honor.
... to the NFL (No Fun League)... WHO DAT! ('nuff said)
... to Miami...thank you for hosting the biggest tailgating party in Who Dat history. Join us. We know how to have a good time.
... to Drew Brees... play your absolute best today. You are us. You are a reflection of the spirit of New Orleans. Thank you for your leadership both on and off the field. Thank you for believing in the people of New Orleans and for playing such a vital role in our revitalization. But please, stand up to the "Breesus" talk. Let it be known that you place all your faith in God, and thank Him for the ability and the opportunities that He has placed before you. Football is fun and exciting, but football doesn't save lives. A person can't change lives. And you cannot offer eternal hope (momentary elation yes, eternal hope, no). Let it be known that Jesus Christ is the only true Savior. YOUR Savior. Thank you for your testimony. Use your platform to proclaim truth.
... to the Saints...play your heart out! Play for your city, your home. And tote that Lombardi trophy back home with you, will you?
... to the Who Dat Nation...revel in the fact that your Saints are champions! Thank you for being the best, most loyal and devoted fans on the planet. And to quote Jim Henderson, the voice of the Saints and Who Dats, "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez, Saints Fans, YOUR SAINTS are in the SUPERBOWL!"
... to the city of New Orleans... I'm on my way. I'll be rolling into town in time to watch, cheer and celebrate right along with you. This Louisiana girl can't wait for this trip back home.
You are so funny! I love reading your blogs!! :) Geaux Saints!!!
ReplyDelete