Wow! My little baby is 18 months old today!. There is not an ounce of baby left in her, as I've found myself telling others, yet I find myself affectionately calling her, "Baby" alot lately. Maybe it could subconsciously be that part of me is longing for her to still be a baby. Yet I am enjoying this age so much (tantrums and limit testing and all). Her personality is really showing now. So the time has come again, as she is growing and learning so rapidly, for me to record all her tricks and habits that all too soon will be outgrown.
1. Kendall still LOVES to eat. Fortunately, she loves fruits and vegetables. She is constantly begging for something to eat. And if I'm not willing to share or don't think she should be eating yet again, I am forced to wait until she is asleep.
2. Kendall loves her MMO class (finally). And of course, her teachers claim she points all morning to her lunch box hanging on her hook. She loves not only her cute lunch box with her name on it, but also what's inside it. She insists on holding it in her lap in the car and carrying it in herself when we arrive.
3. The bookworm gene is still going strong. One of her favorite books right now is "From Head to Toe" by Eric Carle. It names different things animals can do (such as a giraffe bending his neck) and then asks, "Can you do it?" Kendall loves the gorilla the best. She beats her chest like a gorilla and makes the cutest little Tarzan sound.
4. She loves shoes, especially her pink boots with the cute fur trim. She also likes her shoes that squeak. She runs around the house in them. But only the house since Mommy doesn't want to terrorize the general public with them.
5. Kendall loves to help. She can put clothes in the dryer, and she also likes to help load and unload the dishes.
6. This little girl is a cleaning machine like her mama! Every time day I get my red dirt devil out, she races for her toy replica that lights up and makes a roaring sound. I have got to get Gabe to take a picture of her vacuuming right along with me.
1. Kendall still LOVES to eat. Fortunately, she loves fruits and vegetables. She is constantly begging for something to eat. And if I'm not willing to share or don't think she should be eating yet again, I am forced to wait until she is asleep.
2. Kendall loves her MMO class (finally). And of course, her teachers claim she points all morning to her lunch box hanging on her hook. She loves not only her cute lunch box with her name on it, but also what's inside it. She insists on holding it in her lap in the car and carrying it in herself when we arrive.
3. The bookworm gene is still going strong. One of her favorite books right now is "From Head to Toe" by Eric Carle. It names different things animals can do (such as a giraffe bending his neck) and then asks, "Can you do it?" Kendall loves the gorilla the best. She beats her chest like a gorilla and makes the cutest little Tarzan sound.
4. She loves shoes, especially her pink boots with the cute fur trim. She also likes her shoes that squeak. She runs around the house in them. But only the house since Mommy doesn't want to terrorize the general public with them.
5. Kendall loves to help. She can put clothes in the dryer, and she also likes to help load and unload the dishes.
6. This little girl is a cleaning machine like her mama! Every time day I get my red dirt devil out, she races for her toy replica that lights up and makes a roaring sound. I have got to get Gabe to take a picture of her vacuuming right along with me.
7. When Gabe gets home from work, she races to meet him at the door. I know it just melts that Daddy's heart. She is quick to grab him by the hand and pull him towards her room. She knows he's home to play with her!
8. Kendall's two favorite hiding places for things is the clothes hamper in the closet and the kitchen cabinets. Sure enough, after a trip to NO, Nana called wondering if we had seen the remote to the tv. I advised her to check to bathroom cabinets. Bingo!
9. Kendall loves to point to her belly button, and then lift your shirt to tickle yours.
10. Pulling the place mats off the table is another favorite past time. We've learned not to leave anything, especially glasses, on them.
11. Bath time is still fun time. Kendall likes to get on her belly and "swim" around the tub.
12. Kendall now has to rub her lotion on her tummy by herself, while holding the bottle, of course. And she has to take a turn brushing her hair and her teeth after Mommy's turn.
13. TOMATOES, Kendall loves tomatoes! The child can't get enough of them. She's a walking bundle of lycopene (or however you spell that awesome cancer-fighting agent they are packed with).
14. Little Miss Twinkletoes loves to walk around on her tip toes. It's hilarious, and even Kendall gets a kick out of herself.
15. The other night I asked Kendall to point to Mommy. She did. I then asked her where Daddy was. She pointed to Gabe. Where's Sophie? Her finger pointed right at the little furry thing. I then asked, "Where's Kendall?" This stumped her for a minute...until she pointed to a picture of herself framed on the coffee table. Ha!
16. A few of Kendall's favorites...
tv shows... Between the Lions, Seseme Street and Super Why (though she never watches a full episode of any)
foods...chicken nuggets, bananas, black-eyed peas, waffles, TOMATOES
toys...Glow Worm, stuffed animals. and books, books, books
songs...Itsy Bitsy Spider, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Elmo's World Theme Song
places to go...park, Bass Pro Shop (with Daddy), Chick-Fil-A, school
past times...dumping out all her toys, playing in the backyard, reading books
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete