Monday, June 21, 2010

You Say Tomato!

This weekend we went to visit my family for Father's Day. Nana has been hard at work growing tomatoes, which happen to be Kendall's FaVoRitE food. So Nana took Kendall out in the backyard so she could pick some tomatoes to bring home. I'm glad Kendall, a 21st century child, can learn that tomatoes can come from other places than Kroger.



Kendall liked showing off her pickings. (Notice Nana's herb garden in the background. Mommy came home loaded with fresh mint and basil. mmmm! And that's also Annie in the background, by the way.)


Hello? Is Bob the Tomato there?


I just had to include Nana's attempts to keep the birds away, which also happened to shoo off and freak out more than just the birds. Daddy had a "close encounter" with one of these freakish, slithery things. We all had a good laugh from it, including Daddy himself. HA! Good thing it wasn't me; I woulda scaled the seven foot fence in one clear jump and been halfway down the block before you coulda caught me. Daddy just settled for a high octave squeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment