There is one thing Kendall wants more than life itself: a doctor kit. She begs for it at school and church every time.
Ding! Light bulb bubble above Mommy's head.
Insert incentive chart. She can count to ten easily now. Include a picture of a doctor kit and some Disney princess magnets and what could be better? How could this go wrong? I'll have the nipped in the bud in a matter of days.
Knocking on my computer table which is maybe solid wood???
And here's what the chart looks like today. Not bad. She made it to 5 quickly, but we've been stuck there for a little since she can earn and lose magnets. But I think it's working. That along with the two daily "check points" I have instilled. Make it to check point #1 at lunch and get a treat or surprise. Make it to check point #2 at bath time and get another.
Today's check point #1 was a trip to the park. Unlike yesterday when we left Kroger (check point #1) with no deli lunch as conditionally promised -boo!- we made it to the park today -YEA!.
And it was cut short a little at the tail end due to undisclosed reasons to protect the
This WILL be over soon. And Dr. Kendall will soon be giving everyone in the house check ups. And Mommy will get a monthly raise as panties are much cheaper than pull ups.
Now, tell me WHY I decided to pull out all the stops and put her in panties come what may NOW when my washing machine is broken and we're still in the midst of replacing it?? Yeah, either bad timing or desperation. And I reserve the right not to comment further on that.



Hahahaha! I hope for your sake you do lose those credentials! From my experience there's never a "perfect" time to potty train. If it wasn't the washer it would be something else and while my mom SWEARS she trained all of us in just one day, I stand by the opinion that she's getting old and just doesn't remember anymore. :) You've got a good system going there...lots of rewards and incentives---I hope she's Dr. Kendall SOON!!
ReplyDeleteAs I'm reading this at lunch, I'm thinking to myself "I sure hope you do better than I've done w/ my 2!!" I've just taken the stance that 'when Sidney's ready, she'll let us know' and she's come a ways already (though she has gone backwards a bit, too...). Like Rebekah, my mom says we were potty trained in about a day at age 18 months! I really think she's crazy b/c I've seen photos of us around that age w/ plastic underwear on which means we must have still been wetting SOMETHING!! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, keep up the good work w/ Kendall, I know she'll be a DR. REAL soon! I'm just gonna take my time w/ Sidney based on her older brother's time line... he was a bit, shall we say, SSSLLLOOOWWW in the potty training department! :) And like her brother she doesn't seem to be in ANY hurry either! GO FIGURE! lucky me... oh but I can say at least she isn't fighting me on sitting on the potty anymore! YAY! :)