Well, I want to know if it's normal for a two-year-old to watch (and love) endless "I Love Lucy" marathons. And she's requesting this, people. No forcing or arm twisting involved. Kendall LOVES I Love Lucy. (Eeek! Squeals from Mommy!)
And we are well on our way to seeing them all. All 179 of them. Not a hard feat since I own every episode.
And not hard either since this is her Mama and Aunt Jenn...
And again here...
Still wondering as to the source of it all???
Maybe it was Babalu, a new Cuban restaurant in the area.
Or maybe it's just in her genes. But for whatever reason, I have a feeling THIS place...
...Jamestown, NY, the birth place of Lucille Ball and the Lucy Capital of the World will be just as much on her future itenerary as THIS place...
(another much loved thing these days. Sorry Disney, don't mean to give you the backseat.)...
Gabe did remind me that this trip to Jamestown that has been planned and postponed for three years now (for minor reasons such as, oh, being eight months pregnant and no $$. Minor details.) will have to wait until Kendall is old enough since there's no way we can not take her. He's right!
Well, if you've made it through this entry I have one more thought. I've decided that I finally want to learn to sew. I mean really sew. I mean get good at it. Really-good-at-it-fancy-you're-going-to-be-jealous-of-it sew. And the reason this is such grandiose plans is that at the current moment I literally cannot sew on a button. Can't sew. At all. Not even a hem. Or button. BUT, I'm getting a machine for my birthday and my BFF, Danielle, who is one fine seamstress is going to teach me. Finally! And I WILL conquer the sewing world people. I will.
And I WILL NOT end up as Lucy, despite whatever jabs Jenn makes at my expense, when she tried to save money by coloring her own hair and making her own dress.
Nope. I'm leaving my hair to my professional.
And my sewing? You just wait and see!







1. i love that little lucy to pieces.
ReplyDelete2. i believe in you!
love, me
YAY! A sewing machine! You'll LOVE it! However, it sure does suck up my $$! I'm on hold right now, no wait! I have a gift card to Hobby Lobby! :) Happy again... Good luck... You can do it!
ReplyDeleteAnd why is it that you cannot sew at all? Not even a hem. Or a button. Is it because your sweet mother never tried to teach you? Or is it maybe that you refused to learn? Kinda like you didn't need to learn to cook because you were going to marry a man who took you out every night.
ReplyDeleteJust clearing that up. :)