Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Kendall Conversations {vol. 17}


After getting home from ballet, Kendall rein acted the lesson as the teacher and Daddy the pupil.  While holding Mommy's bible opened to a Psalm,

Kendall (in a teacherly voice): Let's read our verse for today.  "Praise the Lord with dancing.  Have joy in your heart...while doing splits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kendall gave a very important public announcement to her classmates...

Kendall: This morning my mommy and daddy kissed on the lips! (pause for gasps and horrors response)  But do not be alarmed.  They are married so it's ok.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A dreaded conversation...

Kendall:  Mommy, is Santa real?

Mommy: What do YOU think?

Kendall:  I think so.  But I know that guy at Bass Pro was not the real Santa.  That was a man dressed up.  Where was the real Santa?

Mommy:  Well, Santa isn't like God; he can only be in one place at one time so he needs people to help him out.

Kendall:  I know Santa is not God.  So how does he know all about me then?  He can't text parents.

Momentary pause for mental reflections.

Kendall (answering her own question):  He must have a machine that he can talk to God on.

Mommy:  Maybe so.

Kendall:  But flying reindeer?? Can reindeer really fly?

Mommy:  I guess.  What do YOU think?

Kendall:  I think they went to Disney World and got pixie dust.

Momentary pause for mental reflection.

Kendall:  But Disney World is too far.  Santa can't go that far to get pixie dust.

More mental reflection.

Kendall:  I know.  He ordered it online....But how does UPS trucks get to the North Pole?

Mommy: Well, maybe there's a UPS sleigh.

Kendall: Maybe so.

Kendall:  What about elves?  Are there really elves?? They have weird ears so I don't know.

Mommy:  What do YOU think?

Kendall:  Quit saying 'what do YOU think'.

Mommy (new approach): If Santa and flying reindeer are real then there must be elves, too.

Kendall:  Yeah, I guess. 

Wonder how much longer I'll be able to dodge that bullet...

No comments:

Post a Comment