Monday, June 30, 2014

Kendall Conversations {vol. 18}

Sitting on the back porch watching Brielle act like, well, a tired almost-two-year-old...

Kendall: (sigh)  I can't wait for Brielle to be three.  One-year-olds and two-year-olds are just too complicated!!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overheard from back seat after an ambulance sped by with its light on,

Kendall to Brielle (teacherly voice):  It's ok for ambulances to speed.  But nobody else can speed.

Brielle:  Dada?

Kendall: No, Dada can't speed either...JuJu speeded and got a ticket...And Mommy got two tickets. But not when she was an adult.  She was a teenager...It goes like this: kid, teenager, grown up...One day you'll be a teenager.  You'll be sixteen going on seventeen like Leisl.  Or you'll be fourteen like Freidrick.  Or you'll be thirteen like Louisa.  Or you'll be almost eleven like Kurt.  Or you'll be nine like Brigita... But I'll always be older than you, even when we're grown ups.  When you're nine I'll be thirteen.

{Watch out, Fam.  She's got dirt on us all!}

1 comment:

  1. What??? I only know about one ticket. Is there something you need to confess??????

    ReplyDelete