Monday, February 2, 2009

Mommy Octopus

Well, as my Facebook status says, sometimes I wish I were an octopus. Therefore I could hold my baby and still have free hands to get things done. Of course there are times that I feel that way, but these days it's by far the exception and not the rule. I mention off to the side of this blog that I am a busy little bee who is learning to slow down and prioritize things in her life. Well right now it's all about Kendall and Gabe. And it's really true for those of you who just had a "yeah, right" little chuckle to yourselves. Some of you know me a little too well.

The most precious and coveted time of the day is when I'm holding Kendall. I know all too well that this little Princess will all too soon rather be down on her own and will be saying, "Me do it!" and "Down, Mommy!" She already tries to wiggle herself free from diaper changes; my lap is sure to be next. So now I am eating up every second with her that I can. I was reminded again this weekend in a special way the answer to much prayer that she is. So what if she's spoiled and wants constant entertainment. So what is dinner often consists of leftovers, something pulled from the freezer or drive thru. And so what if I have to always wear socks so as not to step on all the crumbs(thanks, Sophie, for all your contributions!)and dirt. Everything else will always be there. But my baby as a baby won't.

And I must also mention that Kendall has her first cold. I knew it had to happen sooner or later. I really think I'm suffering from it more than she is. She's definitely a little trooper, unlike her mother who still whines and complains when she's sick. So she has really gotten many deserved extra hugs, kisses and cuddles.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to check on the Princess once more before I'm off to bed myself. And as for the Mommy Octopus? Well, she can keep her eight arms. I'd much rather be sitting on the couch doing nothing else than holding my sweet baby. I sure wish life had a pause button at times.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine shared this little saying with me:
    "Cobwebs be quiet and dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

    ReplyDelete