Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cluck Cluck, Moo Moo :(

Kendall is the first in our family to be diagnosed with food allergies. Where did this come from??? She has tested positive to egg and milk allergies. I had a motherly intuition last week when she became sick twice in a row after eating scrambled eggs (which she has eaten for months). I'm glad I went with my gut and requested that she be tested. Sure enough...

Her milk allergy is slight and her egg allergy (white only) is moderate. The positive side is that she likes soy milk better than the regular stuff, which I was daily stressing to get the required 12 ounces down her. She gulps this soy stuff (which I happen to agree is MUCH better than cow's milk of which I am NOT a fan either). Supposedly she can still have some dairy, but we go to the allergist later this week for further testing and hopefully I'll walk away with answers to all the questions rambling around in my head. But for the time being I'm playing it safe and I'm not giving her any dairy. I couldn't believe how much soy stuff (yogurt and cheese for example) can be found in the organic section of my favorite grocery store.

Pray for Kendall Thursday that we'll get a good, positive report from the doctor concerning these food allergies. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I'm sorry to hear about Kendall's allergies. Maybe she'll outgrow them...but no matter what, she sure is a CUTIE!! I love the monster costume!

    ReplyDelete