My mom reminded me of a Weight Watchers recipe for spice cake as we've been creatively thinking of ways Kendall can still enjoy some foods despite this nasty egg allergy. I made this spice cake tonight and it is delicious! If you're looking for a good, guilt-free dessert, this is it!
Ingredients: spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, a half can of water
Mix the mix, pumpkin and water. Pour in a dish. Cook as the box directions say. That's it! You can even sprinkle it with powdered sugar but I don't think it even needs it. It's delicious! And you're not getting the added fat from the oil and the eggs, and you're gaining the nutrition of the pumpkin. Sounds like a winner to me!
Sounds good!! I'm gonna try this one!! Nice Fall desert! :)
ReplyDeleteMmmm...we love that recipe! You know you can make it with chocolate cake mix, too, and its just as delicious! We make ours cupcakes and the kids gobble them up!
ReplyDeleteIt's an old Weight Watchers recipe--1 pt. per piece! (24 pieces in a 9x11 pan) And yes, it is delicious. Just the thing with a cup of steaming coffee. Yum!
ReplyDeleteCarrie! I am such a goob! I don't know where I pulled the gluten-free thing from for the post on my blog! I guess I translated guilt-free into gluten-free in my head and then it got stuck and I wrote about it. Silly girl! Also, I was looking back at your post just now and realized that I totally stole your title for the post on the pumpkin spice cake. I guess after reading yours it just stuck! I am just a mess today, huh! Anyway, thanks again for the recipe. Let me know how the chocolate turns out....do you still use the pumpkin, but chocolate cake instead of spice? Hope you guys are doing well and I am praying for you and Kendall to be healed of ALL the allergies!
ReplyDelete