Nana, Grandpa and JuJu arrived Christmas night. And instead of MORE presents after a tiring day of gift unwrapping marathons we decided to extent Christmas to the next day. It was a good decision. We were all refreshed (?) and ready to go.
Kendall was especially festive.
Hold up. Gotta clean her glasses.
There. Much better. Bring on the presents!
Kendall and Mommy got matching aprons.
Grandpa and Kendall cuddled with Annie and Sophie.
Everyone's pleasant smiles seemed to prove they were pleased with their gifts:
Gabe liked the shirt and tie...
Grandpa was interested in a good read...
Even Kendall was all smiles over her new toddler laptop and assortment of other toys...
But the prize goes to Mommy...
And what, you may ask, brought on such exuberant celebration???
None other than...
Oh, yes, bloggies. I coveted this book when I stumbled across it two days earlier in a local bookstore. Gabe dragged me away kicking and screaming since it was time to leave and I had just settled into a comfy chair with it. "If only I had that book..." I thought as we left. Leave it to JuJu. AND, it was signed by Michael Lewis, which was a nice touch. I guess the picture shows how happy I was to get it!
I think the non-stop festivities took a toll on poor Kendall Wendall. After doing a full 360 head nod, the poor thing just simply passed out at dinner. She was down for the count. I transferred her to the bed where she slept for twelve hours straight.
Refreshed the next day and decked out in her Saints dress, she introduced JuJu to her tea party set.
It was yet another wonderful Christmas. The Saints win made it all the merrier. And as wonderful as it was, I must admit I also really like the feeling of a de-Christmas-afied house. The decorations are great, but I am always so glad to see them packed up, out of sight, and my house put back together. Finally.

And just in case you were wondering, Nana was there too. I think a hand made it into the pictures. The hand that swiped the plastic for most of this loot. :)
ReplyDelete