Wednesday, October 13, 2010

State Fair

Kendall and Mommy both experienced the state fair for the first time today.  Daddy took a few hours off work at lunch time and we headed over. I somehow managed to avoid it for the last ten years I've lived here.  Guess now that I have a toddler curiosity got the best of me.  It was ok, but I just wasn't overly thrilled.  The rides were not open. (I say that dismally as if I would have ridden any of them with a two-year-old and Daddy would have paid for a bolt of tickets.) But it's just the idea that they were unavailable. 

And the food!  Ok, seriously.  A Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburger??! Half a pound of meat stuffed between two donuts? (That'll shorten my expected life span more than the Saints loss last week.)  And a whole list of other food creations stretched the avenue as far as eye could see.  I'm not sure what was higher, the fat grams or the prices. It smelled good after a while as we were getting hungry, but I think desperation was kicking in.

I really don't mean to be a downer.  We really did have a good time.

Kendall was unsure about the petting zoo though she couldn't help but look at all the animals.

And she wanted to sit on all the stools and look at the toys and prizes. This is after she adapted a little to the atmosphere and would walk on her own.  Poor little timid thing didn't know what to make of it all initially. But she warmed up on her own time as usual.

She was fascinated by some of the funniest things, like the floor mats.


And the barricades. I would love to crawl into the mind of a two-year-old as they are so excited to discover the world that we adults seems to grow accustomed to.  They notice the simplest things.


It was a fun, relaxing afternoon in the sweltering October heat. After the fair we headed over to Daddy's favorite Mexican restaurant that he and some friends visit at lunch occasionally. Needless to say Kendall and I ate up.

No comments:

Post a Comment