Friday, June 24, 2011

Kendall Conversations vol. 6

At the condo pool while on vacation at the beach.  Kendall took notice of the Hawaiin feel:  the palm trees, waterfalls and pumped in cheese luau music.

Kendall: Mommy, that's swim suit music!

------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks ago I did something to really mess up my back for a few days.  I probably slept on it wrong, and it had me down for the count for a little bit.  Knowing how unusual it was for Mommy to be laying down during the day or complaining of an ailment, Kendall knew something was wrong and didn't know what to think.

Kendall:  Mommy, you back hurts?

Mommy:  Yes, Mommy is laying down on this ice pack to help it feel better.

Kendall:  Mommy, I pray for you, ok?  Dear God, please help Mommy's back feel better. Amen.  Mommy you back feel better yet??

Mommy: Yes, thank you.  It will be all well soon. (I couldn't tell her no.  Her simple child like faith was a good reminder to me that day. And, yes, in a few days it was all better.)

--------------------------------------------------------------

At church today while I was setting up my Sunday school room, Kendall was playing.  She came over to me with a picture bible.

Kendall:  Mommy, I read you a story, ok?  You listen and I read.
       (opened to the creation) Adam and Eve see fish.  But Adam not touch them.
       (turning to the flood)  Adam and Eve built an ark.
       (turning a few pages) Adam look for Eve.  Not find her. Adam sad.
       (flipping a few more pages) Adam and Eve ride a camel.

Guess we're off to a good start; just have to refine a few details.

No comments:

Post a Comment